REINDEER GAMES RULES
7 vs 7 Play
1. Rosters must be submitted online and all players must be registered in order to play.2. All teams are to supply their own uniforms. Holiday Themed is encouraged.
3. A parent or coach is required for each team on the sidelines.
- Number for players on the field will be 6 field players and 1 goalie
- Teams must keep 2 players back behind the midfield line on the defensive end plus the goalie.
- Games will be 30 minutes in duration, 2 halves of 15 minutes each with running clock and A three-minute halftime.
- Field dimensions are 60 yards by 40 yards. Goals are 40 yards apart and we will have both the 8-meter and 12-meter arc.
- In regulation games, if a tie occurs, then it will be an immediate sudden victory overtime continuing from the last halves play without a stop in play.
- The first and second half of each game will start with a draw. We will use restraining lines and hold the players behind the restraining lines until possession has occurred. Only 2 people per team including the centers will be on the draw circle.
- Due to the high scoring nature of indoor lacrosse, there will not be a draw after each goal. To try to provide as much playing time as possible, the goalie will restart play after a goal with a clear on the official’s whistle. The official’s restart whistle will begin the ten second count for the goalie in the goal circle.
- All substituting players is on the fly during normal play.
- If a foul occurs in the critical scoring area as time expires, we add 3 seconds to the clock.
- There are no timeouts allowed. Only time out may come from an official due to an injury.
- Mercy Rule – 5 goal mercy rule, Free clear when a team is down by 5 or more goals.
- No stick checks for U11.
- No Pass rule.
4. Tie breaker situations will be as follows:
- A. Head to head results will be the first tie-breaker.
- B. If there is a three- or four-way tie, then goals allowed will the tie-breaker.
- C. If goals allowed does not allow for a winner, then we will do average margin of victory.
- D. If that does not separate the tie, then we will do a coin flip.
5. All teams will play a minimum of 5 games. 3 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday. Brackets with enough teams will have A + B bracket championships.
6. Any unsportsmanlike behavior by coaches and fans could result in immediate expulsion from the tournament. Tournament Directors have final say.
7. If a player is injured on the field, the clock will not stop. Time will continue to run to stay on schedule.
8. For an alternate possession, the highest seeded team will be awarded the first possession.